Portland Actors Ensemble is proud to present our closing weekend of The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (Abridged) [Revised] at Reed College, 3PM Saturday, Sunday and Monday, Sept 1-3, absolutely free!
Some things to know about this weekend:
- We advise folks to park in the Reed College parking lots and street surface parking as available. Please be respectful of our neighbors and refrain from blocking driveways, fire hydrants, etc.
- Bring chairs or blankets and whatever you need to enjoy a picnic for the afternoon. There are no food or beverages available on site.
- The #19 Bus travels directly in front of Reed College. Additionally, Woodstock Blvd has a marked bike lane for folks choosing to commute by bike to our performances.
- Thanks to generous donor support, we are happy to provide an ASL-interpreted performance on Sunday, September 2, at 3 pm.
- For all of our performances, we encourage all of our audiences to arrive early to secure ideal seats. Picnic blankets are encouraged to sit up front, and higher camp chairs and folding chairs behind. Please dress for the weather and bring water and snacks.
- Thanks to the generous support of Reed College, restrooms are available onsite. Please avoid sitting under the large and lovely shade trees. They are older and occasionally drop large limbs.
The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (Abridged) [Revised], like the works of Shakespeare himself, features an earthy sense of humor and an awareness of contemporary political and social issues. If this were a movie, it would probably be rated PG-13 (and would be really popular among 12 year olds). Parental discretion is advised.
All performances are entirely free! Donations will be gratefully accepted!